AC Repair in Nashville, Tennessee
AC Repairs from Our Family to Yours
Honesty and respect make up the foundation of all strong families. And as a family-owned business, we respect those values more than any other. We've taken these principles of honesty and respectfulness to every customer in need of air conditioning repairs for over 45 years. And we'll proudly do the same for you.
- Honest, upfront prices (no sales commissions!)
- After-hours emergency service
- Same-day repairs on all brands & models
On this page
Here for you, like family, for all your AC repair needs
When it comes to AC repairs, honest opinions are priceless, and dishonest opinions can cost you thousands. At Universal, we make sure every customer is treated with respect and shown exactly what's wrong with their AC. We work with you to find solutions that fit your budget and give you peace of mind. And we complete every job with the skill and talent you'd expect from an HVAC company that's been in business for over 45 years.
How much does an AC repair cost in Nashville?
- Low $140
- Our Average $250
- High $3,000
What factors affect the cost of your AC repair?
Several factors will determine the cost of your AC repair in the Nashville area, including:
- Replacement parts: A leading cause of expensive repairs is the need for replacement parts. The good news is, Universal does not pay technicians a commission for selling those parts. That means when a tech does recommend a part, it's because it will give a homeowner the best possible repair outcome, period.
- Warranty status: Active parts and labor warranties protect customers from paying out of pocket for repairs. If you're not sure whether you're protected by a part warranty, labor warranty or both, a Universal technician can help you find out.
- System age: The older the AC, the more likely it is multiple repairs will be required to keep it running. Our highest priority is to keep your existing AC running for as long as possible. Only once all repair measures are exhausted will we suggest replacing the system.
Want an accurate repair quote? Call Universal!
You can count on Universal to give you an honest fixed-price quote after a brief diagnostic by one of our expert techs. Repair diagnostics are just $78, and we waive that price when you make the repair through us!Schedule repair
Repair vs. Replace
When is it time to replace an air conditioner?
There comes a point in the life of every air conditioner that the cost of maintaining it becomes more expensive than the cost to replace it. At Universal, we've found that most modern ACs in Nashville reach this point within 10 to 12 years after they were installed.
Some of the signs that a replacement AC may be necessary include:
- Very high energy bills, or energy bills which go up year after year.
- The expiration of your AC's parts warranty, which can dramatically increase the cost to maintain it.
- The need for constant band-aid repairs multiple times a year
- The need for expensive replacement parts, such as the compressor.
Compare AC repair vs. AC replacement pricing
|Repair:||$140 to $3,000|
|Install:||Starting at $4,800|
Our AC repair process
We schedule your in-home repair diagnostic
When you call Universal, we want you to feel like part of our family. Which is why we go out of our way to get you same-day service, and to listen to your concerns before we send a technician to your home.
We introduce you to your service technician
One of the ways we help you feel at home is by introducing you to your technician before they arrive. You'll receive a text message from us with your technician's name, a photo, and some background information about him or her. You'll also receive a call from your tech when they're on their way.
We diagnose and repair your AC system
Your technician will identify the cause of the issue and give you the full picture of what's going on. They'll also share solutions on how to resolve that issue. At no time will we try to sell you something that's not in your best interest, or urge you to buy a replacement system that you don't need.
We send a follow-up survey to make sure you're 100% satisfied
Before we leave, we make sure the solution we put in place is working, and that you're happy with the outcome. Later, we'll send you a survey, either via email or mail, to confirm that our work exceeded your expectations.
I would highly recommend Universal and their team!
“I have been using Universal for years and they never disappoint you. They are honest, reliable and provide excellent service. In addition, they have always been extremely quick to respond when I've had A/C emergencies - even on the weekends. I would highly recommend Universal and their team!”—Cindy A. | Nashville homeowner
Serving the greater Nashville area for over 45 years
For HVAC repairs and installs in Nashville and the surrounding area, give the professionals at Universal Heating & Cooling a call.
Our office is open from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday. We also offer emergency 24/7 service.
- Ashland City
- Cross Plains
- Green Hills
- Mt Juliet
- Thompson Station
- White House