Heat Pump Repairs in Nashville, Tennessee
Heat Pump Repairs from Our Family to Yours
Honesty and respect make up the foundation of all strong families. And as a family-owned business, we respect those values more than any other. We've taken these principles of honesty and respectfulness to every customer in need of heat pump repairs for over 45 years. And we'll proudly do the same for you.
- Honest, upfront prices (no sales commissions!)
- After-hours emergency service
- Same-day repairs on all brands & models
On this page
Here for you, like family, for all your heat pump repair needs
At Universal, the trust our customers have in our technicians is our most priceless asset. And having a home service company in your corner that you can trust for heat pump repairs cannot be understated. We value trust so much, that we go out of our way to help customers find repair solutions within their budget, and we never suggest replacements unless all alternatives have been exhausted.
How much does a heat pump repair cost in Nashville?
- Low $140
- Our Average $250
- High $3,000
What factors affect the cost of your heat pump repair?
Several factors will determine the cost of your heat pump repair in the Nashville area, including:
- The need for replacement parts: Heat pump repairs won't always require replacement parts. But when they do, they can add to the cost. A failing compressor, for example, is expensive to replace, while something like an capacitor is not.
- Warranty status: Your heat pump may have a parts warranty, a labor warranty, or both. If these warranties are valid (don't worry, we can check for you) then some or all of the repair will be paid for. It's only when these warranties expire that the homeowner pays out of pocket for repairs.
- State of the system overall: Heat pumps, like all complex systems, run better for longer when regular maintenance is performed. Without maintenance, issues tend to build up. So when repairs become necessary, you can have a lot of issues that need to be addressed all at once, adding to the cost. That's why we recommend a great annual maintenance plan, like Universal's Home Comfort Club.
Want an accurate repair quote? Call Universal!
You can count on Universal to give you an honest fixed-price quote after a brief diagnostic by one of our expert techs. Repair diagnostics are just $78, and we waive that price when you make the repair through us!Schedule repair
Repair Vs Replace
When is it time to replace a heat pump?
There comes a point in the life of every heat pump when the cost of maintaining it becomes more expensive than the cost to replace it. At Universal, we've found that most heat pumps in Nashville reach this point within 15 to 20 years after they were installed.
Some of the signs that a replacement heat pump may be necessary include:
- A major component of your heat pump, such as the compressor, has failed outright or is on its last leg.
- Rising energy bills have become a significant financial hardship.
- Your system's manufacturer warranty has expired.
- The heat pump is not cooling or heating the home like it used to and repairs only provide a temporary solution.
Compare heat pump repair vs. heat pump replacement pricing
|REPAIR:||$140-$3,000+ per repair|
|INSTALL||Starting at $4,800|
Our heat pump repair process
We schedule your in-home repair diagnostic
A repair diagnostic will help us determine what's going wrong with your heat pump, so we can get to work repairing it. Most of the time, we can have someone out to your home on the same day you call. And we arrive with all the tools necessary to repair any brand or model in one trip.
We introduce you to your service technician
On the day of your scheduled repair, you'll be sent the name, a photograph and a short bio of your technician. You'll also receive a call from your technician when they're on their way.
We diagnose and repair your heat pump
Your technician will identify the cause of the issue, and ask if you'd like to see any broken parts or damage for yourself. They'll also share solutions on how to resolve the problem. At no time will we try to sell you something that's not in your best interest, or urge you to buy a replacement system that you don't need.
We send a follow-up survey to make sure you're 100% satisfied
Before we leave, we make sure the solution we put in place is working, and that you're happy with the outcome. Later, we'll send you a survey, either via email or mail, to confirm that our work exceeded your expectations.
Universal provides our family with expert, timely service...
“Tonya was able to make a last minute change for a scheduled service to accommodate a change in my plans. Mike T showed up on time and expertly assessed the issue with the heat pump. Mike indicated that he had to make some changes to the wiring and had the unit operating correctly in no time. Universal provides our family with expert, timely service.”—James D. | Nashville homeowner
See why we're rated 4.9 out of 5 on Google.
Serving the greater Nashville area for over 45 years
For HVAC repairs and installs in Nashville and the surrounding area, give the professionals at Universal Heating & Cooling a call.
Our office is open from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday. We also offer emergency 24/7 service.
- Ashland City
- Cross Plains
- Green Hills
- Mt Juliet
- Thompson Station
- White House